San Pasqual High School has a storied tradition in academics, athletics, and the arts and it is always exciting to welcome Golden Eagle students, alumni, parents, and community to such a great school.
Last school year we made significant improvements in most school metrics:
1) Increased our Math CAASPP Scores by 4% and increased the math performance for most demographic groups.
2) Increased our English CAASPP Scores by 6.7 % and increased the English performance for all demographic groups.
3) Decreased our school - wide D/F rate dramatically
4) Decreased our suspensions by 103.
5) Increased the number of students taking an AP course, and the number of students taking at least one AP exam.
We received the following recognitions:
1) 2016 – 2017 California Honor Roll by Educational Results Partnership (ERP) and the Campaign for Business and Education Excellence (CBEE). The 2016 Honor Roll recognizes public high schools that demonstrate consistently high levels of student academic achievement, improvement in achievement over time, and reduction in achievement gaps. The ERP is funded by Chevron, Wells Fargo, AT&T, THE UNITED WAY & THE GATES FOUNDATION.
2) 2016 -2017 Silver Medal by US NEWS & WORLD REPORT. US news & world report recognizes America’s Best High schools by measuring: (A) AP participation, (B) AP pass rate, (C) A – G completion, (D) CAASPP scores and (E) graduation rate.
We are very proud of our results and recognitions. However, we are committed to getting better.
Our theme for this year is Excellence, Equity and Exploration. Excellence in instruction. Excellence in learning. Excellence in collaboration. Excellence in relationships and in excellence in everything we do. Equity – based decision making: giving each student what they need. Exploration: kindling curiosity and wonder in students.