Many of you have been asking about applying for a work permit while we are in the Distance Learning phase of school this spring. The District has created a system to apply for work permits while buildings are closed. Please take a few minutes to read ALL of the following information. Once you’ve gone to the Work Permit Center and started working on your application, let me know if you have any questions – I’m happy to help!
Work Permit Center - https://euhsd.sharepoint.com/sites/workpermits/default.aspx
- This page is your best resource for learning how to obtain a work permit during the Distance Learning phase of school.
- This page can also be found by going to www.euhsd.org, hovering on Parents/Students in the green bar at the top, and then clicking on Work Permit Request from the drop-down menu that appears.
Please Follow These Instructions to Obtain a Work Permit during Distance Learning due to COVID-19
- Print Statement of Intent to Employ a Minor and Request for a Work Permit-Certificate of Age CDE Form B1-1(DOC) from Work Permit Center OR print the attached PDF from this email and complete the required sections listed below.
- Student completes and signs the Minor’s Information section. It is mandatory to provide the social security number (not optional).
- Student completes the School Information section. If you use the attached PDF, that is already filled in for you.
- Parent/Guardian completes and signs the third section.
- Employer completes and signs the fourth section.
- Leave the “For authorized work permit issuer use ONLY” section blank.
- Upload the completed Statement of Intent to Employ a Minor and Request for a Work Permit-Certificate of Age CDE Form B1-1(DOC) and a picture of Identification Card (California issued or student ID are okay) to the Work Permit Center using the “Upload Work Permit” link at the very bottom of the page. You must log into your Escondido Union High School District student account for the upload center to accept your files.
- Check your school email in 2-3 school days for a copy of your work permit that can be printed and taken to your employer. You may begin work as soon as you receive that file. The official work permit will be sent to your employer by U.S. mail, addressed to your manager.
Important Work Permit Notes
- All minors under age 18 (including minors employed by parents) must have a work permit.
- Minors must meet mandatory school attendance laws and meet adequate academic progress in order to obtain work permits. Schools have the legal right to restrict or reduce the type of employment and/or the hours of work if evidence is shown that the schoolwork of the minor is being impaired by the employment.
- Escondido Union High School District issues work permits for minors residing within the district boundaries and enrolled in district schools.
- Work Permits must be renewed at the start of the school year or when the student obtains a new job. Current work permits expire August 14, 2020.
Hours Minors Are Allowed to Work Until May 29th
- 4 hours maximum per day Monday-Thursday
- 8 hours maximum per day Friday-Sunday
- 32 total hours per week
- Hours must be completed between 5 a.m. to 10 p.m.
- Hours can be 5 a.m. to 12:30 a.m. if no school the next day (Fri/Sat nights)
- 3 hours maximum per day Monday-Friday
- 8 hours maximum per day Saturday-Sunday
- 18 total hours per week
- Hours must be completed between 7 a.m. to 7 p.m.