San Pasqual High

Skip to main content
Mobile Menu
Please Create A Marquee

College & Career Center



Many of you have been asking about applying for a work permit while we are in the Distance Learning phase of school this spring. The District has created a system to apply for work permits while buildings are closed. Please take a few minutes to read ALL of the following information. Once you’ve gone to the Work Permit Center and started working on your application, let me know if you have any questions – I’m happy to help!


Work Permit Center -

  • This page is your best resource for learning how to obtain a work permit during the Distance Learning phase of school.
  • This page can also be found by going to, hovering on Parents/Students in the green bar at the top, and then clicking on Work Permit Request from the drop-down menu that appears.


Please Follow These Instructions to Obtain a Work Permit during Distance Learning due to COVID-19

  1. Print Statement of Intent to Employ a Minor and Request for a Work Permit-Certificate of Age CDE Form B1-1(DOC) from Work Permit Center OR print the attached PDF from this email and complete the required sections listed below.
    1. Student completes and signs the Minor’s Information section. It is mandatory to provide the social security number (not optional).
    2. Student completes the School Information section. If you use the attached PDF, that is already filled in for you.
    3. Parent/Guardian completes and signs the third section.
    4. Employer completes and signs the fourth section.
    5. Leave the “For authorized work permit issuer use ONLY” section blank.           


  1. Upload the completed Statement of Intent to Employ a Minor and Request for a Work Permit-Certificate of Age CDE Form B1-1(DOC) and a picture of Identification Card (California issued or student ID are okay) to the Work Permit Center using the “Upload Work Permit” link at the very bottom of the page. You must log into your Escondido Union High School District student account for the upload center to accept your files.


  1. Check your school email in 2-3 school days for a copy of your work permit that can be printed and taken to your employer. You may begin work as soon as you receive that file. The official work permit will be sent to your employer by U.S. mail, addressed to your manager. 


Important Work Permit Notes 

  • All minors under age 18 (including minors employed by parents) must have a work permit.
  • Minors must meet mandatory school attendance laws and meet adequate academic progress in order to obtain work permits. Schools have the legal right to restrict or reduce the type of employment and/or the hours of work if evidence is shown that the schoolwork of the minor is being impaired by the employment. 
  • Escondido Union High School District issues work permits for minors residing within the district boundaries and enrolled in district schools. 
  • Work Permits must be renewed at the start of the school year or when the student obtains a new job. Current work permits expire August 14, 2020.


Hours Minors Are Allowed to Work Until May 29th 

Ages 16-17

  • 4 hours maximum per day Monday-Thursday
  • 8 hours maximum per day Friday-Sunday
  • 32 total hours per week 
  • Hours must be completed between 5 a.m. to 10 p.m.  
  • Hours can be 5 a.m. to 12:30 a.m. if no school the next day (Fri/Sat nights)     


Ages 14-15

  • 3 hours maximum per day Monday-Friday
  • 8 hours maximum per day Saturday-Sunday
  • 18 total hours per week 
  • Hours must be completed between 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. 
Welcome to the College and Career Center!
All students are encouraged to visit the College and Career Center. Here students will find many different resources and information on college applications, financial aid, employment, and more!
The objective of the College and Career Center is to make sure every student graduates from San Pasqual High School as prepared as they can be for their future.
Looking for volunteer / community service opportunities or internships? Check out the Community Service Link! You can also get a community service log from the College and Career Center to log your hours.
College & Career Center Staff:
Karen Villavicencio
College & Career Technician
  •  Every working student under the age of 18 must have a work permit on file at the school and with their employer. 
  • Work Permit applications can be picked up at the College & Career Center or you can print one by clicking the link below.
  • The application must be completed turned in at the College & Career Center in order for the work permit to be processed.
  • A student must have a minimum GPA of 2.0 and be passing at least 4 classes with no unexcused absences.  
An apprenticeship is a training program that allows you to learn new skills and gain recognized qualifications while working. They take one to four years to complete depending on their level. Check out the links below for different pathways!